Another Important Milestone for S-TEC 3100
June 8, 2021 – Genesys Aerosystems announced TSO approval of a new update to the S-TEC 3100 that brings additional capabilities and enhancements to its popular digital autopilot.
The new Version 1.4 update comprises of both software and hardware changes to the S-TEC 3100. The new hardware features a white backlit display perfect for bright sunlit panels or steep viewing angles. An updated bezel accompanies the change in display and features an optional VNAV button or menu (MNU) button. Please note the release of the VNAV button will be 3 months after release of the new bezel with MNU button. The software update introduces support for GPS enroute VNAV (when paired with an approved EFIS/GPS navigator), new mode annunciations, advanced integration with Aspen MAX PFD, and many general improvements based on customer feedback.
“The addition of VNAV expands the capabilities of the S-TEC 3100 and has been a requested feature particularly from our turbine operators.” Said Jamie Luster, Director of Sales and Marketing. “Being compatible with various panel configurations has always been a cornerstone feature of the 3100. With the Version 1.4 update, we’ve added depth to some of our EFIS integrations, most notably with the Aspen MAX PFD.”
When paired with an approved EFIS display and GPS navigator that supports enroute VNAV, the Version 1.4 S-TEC 3100 will follow the step-down vertical guidance typically found with Standard Terminal Arrival Routes (STARs). The updated software also supports two-way communication of lateral and vertical targets, display of modes, and advanced integration with the Aspen MAX primary flight display. An advanced autopilot unlock is required from Aspen.
The Version 1.4 upgrade costs $1,495 for the full hardware and software update, however, Genesys is offering a $500 discount if the bezel upgrade is purchased before December 31, 2021. The software only upgrade (no VNAV capability, no new bezel/LCD), is free to existing S-TEC 3100 customers. New orders will ship standard with the bezel and 1.4 software beginning when the individual STCs are approved. STC approval for all of the aircraft currently approved for the 3100 is expected to be completed by the end of Q3 (with hardware to include the VNAV button by the end of the year). International validations will follow. Please contact your avionics installation center to obtain a quote for this upgrade or new installation.
A full list of features in the Version 1.4 update can be found at genesys-aerosystems.com/stec3100-1.4.
There are now more than 200 aircraft models certified for the S-TEC 3100, which is a 3-axis fully-featured, attitude-based autopilot that brings a list of pilot workload-reducing and flight safety-enhancing capabilities.
Here’s a current snapshot as of June 2021 of aircraft models in which the S-TEC 3100 can be installed.
Aircraft Models Currently FAA Approved for S-TEC 3100 Installation:
- Aviat A-1C-180, & A-1C-200 (serial number 3301 and above)
- Beechcraft Bonanza 35*, A35*, B35*, C35*, D35*, E35*, F35, G35*, H35, J35, K35, M35, N35, P35, S35, V35, V35A, V35B, 36, A36, A36TC & B36TC
- Beechcraft Baron/TravelAir 95-55, 95-A55, 95-B55, 95-B55A, 95-B55B, 95-C55, 95-C55A, D55, D55A, E55, E55A, 56TC, A56TC, 58, 58A, 58P, 58PA, 58TC, 58TCA, 95, B95, B95A, D95A, E95
- Beechcraft King Air 65-90, 65-A90, 65-109-1, 65-A90-4, B90, C90, C90A, C90GT, E90, F90, H90,100, A100, A100A, A100-1, B100, 200, 200C, 200T, A200, A200CT (excluding serial number FE-1 and above), B200, B200C, B200CT, and B200T
- Beechcraft 1900, 1900C, & 1900C (C-12J)*
- Cessna 177, 177A, 177B, 177RG & F177RG
- Cessna 182, 182A through 182T, F182P, F182Q, R182, T182, T182T, TR182, & FR182
- Cessna 210, 210A, 210B, 210C, 210D, 210E, 210F, T210F, 210G, T210G, 210H, T210H, 210J, T210J, 210K, T210K, 210L, T210L, 210M, T210M, 210N, T210N, 210R, T210R, P210N, & P210R
- Cessna T303, 310D through 310R, T310P, T310Q, T310R, 320B through F, 335, 340, & 340A
- Cessna 414, 414A, 421, 421A, 421B, 421C, & 425
- de Havilland Canada/Viking Air DHC-6-100*, DHC-6-200*, DHC-6-300*
- Piper PA-24-180*, PA-24-250*, PA-24-260*, PA-24-400*
- Piper PA-31, PA-31-300, PA-31-325, PA-31-350, PA-31P-350, PA-31P, PA-31T, PA-31-T1, PA-31-T2
- Piper PA-32-260, PA-32-300, PA-32R-300, PA-32RT-300, PA-32RT-300T, PA-32-301, PA-32-301T, PA-32-301FT, PA-32-301XTC, PA-32R-301, & PA-32R-301T
- Piper PA-46-310P, PA-46-350P, PA-46-500TP, & PA-46R-350T
- Piper “Aerostar” PA-60
- Twin Commander 695*, 695A*, 690*, 690A*, 690B*, 690C*, 690D*, 680D*, 680W*, 681*, 500*,500-A*, 500-B*, 500-S*, 500-U*, 560A*, 560E*, & 560F*
- Pilatus PC-6 Series
Contact Carpenter Avionics, renowned autopilot experts, to learn more about how this innovative digital autopilot system can help you get more from your flying.