Avidyne Atlas Multifunction FMS Now Certified
Initial Availability for Cessna Citation 560XL, Excel and XLS
May 10, 2021 – Avidyne Corporation announced receipt of Technical Standard Order (TSO) and Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approval from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for installation of its dzus-mounted Avidyne Atlas multifunction flight management system (FMS) in Cessna Citation 560XL, Excel, and XLS models. TSO approval also allows MRO facilities to begin performing their own STCs and installations in turbine-class aircraft.
The Avidyne Atlas flight management system is a dzus-mount GPS/SBAS flight management system that meets TSO-C146c for full SBAS/LPV approach guidance, and is an approved GPS position source for ADS-B. Avidyne Atlas features easy-to-use flight planning, one-touch departure, airway, and arrival navigation, and Avidyne’s patented GeoFill™ waypoint nomination. The Avidyne Atlas features a full QWERTY-style keyboard along with touch-screen hybrid touch user interface that provides easy map panning and rubber-band flight plan editing.
Carpenter is an Approved MRO to sell and install Avidyne’s compelling set of Atlas and IFD-based Flight Management System and ADS-B Solutions for turbine aircraft.
The Avidyne Atlas boasts a variety of features not found in any other FMS system, such as:
- Hybrid touch-screen user interface incorporating a full set of buttons and knobs as well as touch screen operation for virtually all functions.
- Moving map with extensive airspace, terrain, navaid, and airport display capability
- Display of XM or ADS-B weather with full graphics as an overlay on the map
- Traffic display from TCAS, TAS, or ADS-B
- Display of Jeppesen™ Electronic Approach Charts and Airport Diagrams with aircraft position overlay
- Integrated WiFi & Bluetooth connectivity
- Avidyne GLAS™ technology
- Integration with ForeFlight® and a host of other EFBs
- Spill-proof keyboard and built-in USB charger
- Optional integrated 16-Watt VHF COM, VOR, localizer and glide slope radio
- Optional radar display for Bendix King digital radars
- Optional integrated TAWS-B
- Optional RS-170 video display capability
Pricing and Availability
Introductory pricing on the Avidyne Atlas system starts at $44,999 USD. The initial certification of the Avidyne Atlas covers the Cessna Citation 560XL, Excel and XLS models, with STCs by Avidyne and MRO partners on additional Part 25 and Part 23 aircraft models to follow. Avidyne’s STC is available through its MRO partners at no additional cost with the purchase of Atlas systems.
Contact Carpenter Avionics to learn how you can take advantage of this system to make your aircraft safer, compliant and more capable – affordably!